BI Data Warehouse Developer (JL-ACBI-DNPD-024N)
June 10, 2022
- Working as part of the IT team, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, supporting the IT Team to design, develop and maintain Data Warehouse and analytics solutions. The activities will include collecting User requirements, design, develop, test and deploy Data Warehouse and analytics solutions in partnership with other IT and Business stakeholders.
- Consolidate and optimize available data warehouse infrastructure
- Conceive analytics and business intelligence platform architecture for clients
- Design and implement ETL procedures for intake of data from both internal and outside sources; as well as ensure data is verified and quality is checked
- Design and implement ETL processes and data architecture to ensure proper functioning of analytics
- Develop dashboards, customized reports and scorecards based on business requirements
- Manage ad-hoc analytic requests in an accurate and efficient manner
- Review and optimize queries and investigate dashboard performance issues
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders in ensuring data warehouse architecture development and utilization
- Perform the design and extension of data marts, meta data, and data models
- Ensure all data warehouse architecture codes are maintained in a version control system and documented.
- Manage strong healthy relationships with stakeholders and project teams ensuring that projects delivery and support expectations are clearly defined and met.
- Influence partners and stakeholders to ensure the solutions are developed and implemented following the internal Software Lifecycle Controls, using best practices and standards
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Remarkable experience with technologies such as SQL Server, Microsoft Power BI, SSIS, MS Access and stored procedures
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and/or Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud platforms
- Working knowledge of PL/SQL
- Exceptional experience developing codes, testing for quality assurance
- High proficiency in dimensional modeling techniques and their applications
- Strong analytical, consultative, and communication skills; as well as the ability to make good judgment and work with both technical and business personnel
Required Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science or related area.
- 3-5 years of experience in designing, developing, validating and implementing Data Warehouse and analytics solutions
- Valid Government of Canada Reliability Status security screening granted by CSP/PSPC
Location of Work:
We would like to thank you for your interest. Please note that all submissions will be assessed, however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
NORTAK SOFTWARE LTD. is a Canadian-owned private corporation with offices in Ottawa and Toronto serving a global client base since 1975.
Nortak is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants.
|Job Category||BI Data Warehouse Developer|
|Key Skills||Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS, ETL, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Power BI, MS Access, MS Azure, MS Power BI, Reliability Status, SQL Server, SSIS|